Black Pasta with Smoked Salmon and Crispy Capers
Image by iStock / snem
Died with squid ink, this black pasta is Halloween-appropriate
Looking to cook up something spooky for Halloween? Black pasta is just the thing
Halloween isn’t just for kids. The festive colours of ghosts and goblins make this sophisticated pasta a perfect Halloween treat for the grownups.
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 shallots, peeled and diced
- 3 Tbsp. capers, drained
- 4 oz. cream cheese, cubed
- ½ lb. smoked salmon, torn into small pieces
- 2 Tbsp. fresh dill
- 1 (12 oz.) package black pasta (cooked al dente and drained)
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan.
- Add the shallots and capers and sauté over medium heat until the shallots are just golden, not browned.
- Add the cubed cream cheese to the pan and reduce the heat to low, stirring occasionally.
- Once the cream cheese is melted, add the smoked salmon pieces along with the fresh dill.
- Toss in the drained black pasta and stir the mixture to combine well.
- Give a few good grinds of pepper over top.
- Divide the pasta mixture into serving bowls and garnish each serving with fresh cilantro leaves. Serve immediately.
Serves 4 to 6.