Recipe: Blueberry Chocolate Mousse Cups
Image by Courtesy of the BC Blueberry Council
At only 163 calories per serving, this blueberry chocolate mousse is a choice dessert
Stir some fresh blueberries into this creamy chocolate mousse for a burst of fruity flavour
- 1 cup (250 mL) half-and-half, divided
- 1 ¼ (6 mL) teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- ½ cup (125 mL) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 (2 ½-inch or 6 cm) round chocolate wafers
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh blueberries
- In a large microwaveable bowl, place ⅓ cup (80 mL) half-and-half.
- Sprinkle gelatin over and stir to mix; set aside to allow gelatin to soften for 5 minutes.
- Microwave on high until bubbles appear, 30 to 60 seconds.
- Add chocolate chips and stir until smooth then stir in remaining half-and-half.
- Cover and refrigerate until the mixture starts to set, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, line 6 muffin cups with paper or silicone cupcake liners; place a chocolate wafer in each, crush to fit; set aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat the chocolate mixture until smooth and fluffy. Fold blueberries into mousse.
- Spoon into cupcake papers; cover loosely and chill until firm, about 2 hours. (Recipe can easily be doubled.)
Per Portion: 163 calories; 10g fat; 6g saturated fat; 65mg sodium; 19g carbohydrate; 2g fiber; 3g protein
Recipe courtesy of the BC Blueberry Council.