Recipe: Pina Colada Pops
Image by Flickr/jamieanne
It's the perfect blend of pineapple and coconut in a popsicle
This cold treat ups the fun factor on a traditional cocktail
Cool and creamy, with a hint of rum, or not — what fun as a frozen pre-dinner drink!
This delicious recipe comes from the book Perfect Pops: The 50 Best Classic & Cool Treats by Charity Ferreira (published by Chronicle Books, 2011).
- 1-1/4 cups pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3 Tbsp. rum (optional)
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the pineapple juice, coconut milk, rum and sugar until well blended.
- Pour the mixture into ice-pop moulds and insert the sticks.
- Freeze until firm, at least 8 hours or up to 1 week.
- To unmould the pops, run hot water over the outsides of the moulds for a few seconds, then gently pull on the sticks.
Makes 4 to 6 frozen pops.