Sweet Potato Mash
Image by Flickr / dbtelford
A simple and flavourful classic: mashed sweet potatoes
Brighten your Easter dinner with this simple recipe for mashed sweet potatoes
The tart-sweet addition of balsamic vinegar takes the humble sweet potato to a new level.
You can choose to boil or roast the potatoes — either way the taste is amazing.
- 2 lbs. sweet potatoes or yams
- 3 Tbsp. aged balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Sea salt and ground pepper to taste
- If you choose to boil the potatoes, peel and boil until cooked.
- If roasting is preferred, prick the potatoes in their jackets and place on the middle rack of your oven.
- Roast for about 1 hour at 425°F.
- Let the potatoes cool, remove the skin and discard.
- Place potatoes, vinegar, cheese and sour cream in a bowl and using a stick blender, purée.
- Alternatively, place all the ingredients in a food processor and purée.
- Adjust the seasoning with sea salt and freshly ground pepper and serve hot.
Serves 4 to 6.