Tomato Chicken Pasta for Two
Image by Flickr / Dalboz17
You can't go wrong with this simple and tasty chicken pasta dish
A quick and easy chicken pasta dish for a quiet night in
Simple, quick and fast – that is how dinner should be on weeknights. This delicious pasta dish is good enough to invite people over to share (if you double the recipe), but just don’t confess the fact that it was this easy!
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ medium onion, sliced
- NoMU Rub (in Barbeque flavour)
- 1 chicken breast, about 8 ounces, halved
- 1 scant cup jarred tomato sauce
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- ⅓ cup sliced green olives
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground pepper
- Hot cooked pasta of your choice (or rice)
- Heat the olive oil in a medium-size sauté pan.
- Add the sliced onion and cook until golden. Meanwhile, coat the chicken breast halves in the NoMU flavour rub.
- Shake off the excess rub, and add the chicken to the pan with the onions.
- Pan-fry the chicken over medium heat until half-cooked, about 8 minutes.
- Pour the tomato sauce over top, then add the sun-dried tomatoes, sliced olives and chopped parsley.
- Shake to coat the chicken in the mixture and let simmer for another 8 to 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- To serve, place the chicken breast halves over hot cooked pasta (or rice, if you prefer) and top with the tomato-olive sauce.
- Top with grated Parmesan cheese and ground pepper and serve immediately.