Yogurt-marinated Chicken with Quinoa Tabouleh
Image by Catherine Roscoe Barr
Don't be alarmed if the yogurt mixture curdles a little because of the lemon; you are sure to scrape up every last delicious morsel of sauce from the roasting pan
Yogurt-marinated chicken is juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside, and tabouleh with quinoa is a healthy, hearty side
I had a tub of yogurt and a bunch of parsley that needed to be used so I brainstormed and came up with this meal. I also wanted to try making quinoa again so I threw that into the tabouleh mix instead of bulgur.
This meal isn’t super quick but it’s easy, and while the chicken is cooking you can prepare the quinoa, have a glass of wine and listen to a great music mix.
I love these mixes from SoundCloud.com – they will definitely get you in the mood to cook!
Yogurt-marinated Chicken Ingredients
- 1 whole free-range chicken, butterflied
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
Yogurt-marinated Chicken Instructions
- In large resealable bag, combine yogurt, lemon and garlic.
- Add chicken, turning to coat.
- Marinate for up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place chicken in large roasting pan, top with yogurt mixture, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, covered, for 45 minutes, remove lid, and cook for another 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in middle and juices run clear when pierced.
- Scrape up all of the sauce in the pan and dollop on chicken before serving.
Quinoa Tabouleh Ingredients
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked according to package instructions
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped and seeded
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Quinoa Tabouleh Instructions
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients, stirring well to combine.