Easy Desk Exercise to Relieve Tension in the Legs
Cross your ankles under your desk and try this easy tension-relieving move
There are many convenient leg exercises that can be done even while you're stuck at your desk at work
- Sit upright on a chair and cross your legs at the ankle.
- Breathe normally.
- Push forward with the rear leg and backward with the front leg.
- Hold for 3 to 5 seconds as you try to generate tension in the muscles by pushing in each direction.
- Switch the way your legs are crossed to reverse the direction of tension.
- Repeat the exercise 10 times for each position.
It’s a simple way to get the blood circulating and relieve tension.
Originally published in Wellness Matters, Canada Wide Media’s quarterly newsletter on health and wellness.