Do you know how much daily protein you need? How to wash strawberries? The benefits of weight training?
Read on to find out the answers to these questions and more...
- A one-hour workout is four percent of your day.
- Walking at a brisk pace can burn almost as many calories as jogging the same distance.
- Regular weight training increases the number of calories burned during normal activities.
- It takes 12 weeks of an exercise routine before you start to see measurable changes.
- An estimated 60 percent of gym memberships go unused.
- Rinsing strawberries spoils them quicker. So wash before you eat.
- For your daily protein, it is recommended men eat two palm-sized portions while women eat one palm-sized portion with each meal.
- For eye health, look away from your computer screen every 20 minutes for about a minute.
- When purchasing sunglasses, look for ones that block out 99 to 100 percent of both UVA and UVB radiation.
- Walking barefoot in thegrass can help decrease anxiety and depression, and increases the levels of those feel-good endorphins.
Have a healthy and happy summer!