Celebrate National Amaretto Day on Friday, April 19th with one of these sophisticated sips
As cherry blossoms continue to bloom, it is clear that spring is in full swing. Warmer temperatures call for refreshing cocktails on the patio, and—inspired by National Amaretto Day coming up on April 19th—mixologist Chris Chuy of Lavish Liquid has rounded up three cocktails to enjoy that make good use of the popular Italian liqueur.
1. Amaretto Sour
- 60 ml Amaretto
- 30 ml lemon juice
- 1 egg white
- Dry shake, wet shake and strain into a lowball glass. Garnish with aromatic bitters on top.
2. The Vancouver Special
- 45 ml Odd Society Wall Flower Gin
- 15 ml Sons of Vancouver Amaretto
- 15 ml Orgeat syrup
- 2 dashes of Bittered Sling Suius Cherry Bitters
- 1 dash Ms. Betters Miraculous Foamer
- Dry shake, wet shake and strain into a cocktail glass, garnish with fresh Okanagan cherries, when in season, or a mint leaf.
3. The Brooklyn Godfather
- 60 ml bourbon
- 15 ml Amaretto
- 15 ml Extra Dry Vermouth
- 15 ml Sweet Vermouth
- Stir and strain into a cocktail glass and serve with an Italian cherry.