In honour of National Pastry Day on December 9th, Chef Steven Hodge from Temper shares his recipe for brioche
- 2½ cups of bread flour
- 2½ cups of all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 4 tablespoon instant yeast
- 4 eggs
- ⅔ cup milk
- 2 cups butter
- Combine flour, sugar, salt and yeast into the bowl of a mixer with the dough hook attachment.
- Add milk and eggs. Mix until dough comes together.
- Add butter to the dough. Mix well until dough becomes elastic and shiny. Dough shouldn’t be sticking to the bowl.
- Proof dough until it doubles in size.
- Portion into desired shapes.
- Proof again until doubled.
- Baked at 325 F for 10 to 12 minutes. Rotate and bake for 3 more minutes or until golden brown.