Try this authentic and easy Mexican dish for a quick and comforting dinner
I believe that good food doesn’t have to be complicated and that salsa isn’t just something you dip your tortilla chips into. Mexican salsa, or sauce, is an integral component to many dishes, including this simple and delicious enchilada recipe.
- 5 tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup Mamá Luchita salsa, available at Fresh is Best in Vancouver (or other salsa made with dried chillies)
- 3 cups crumbled feta cheese,
- ¼ cup of finely chopped onion (optional)
- 20 corn tortillas
- Pour the oil into a saucepan and add the salsa. Bring to a boil and then reduce the temperature to low.
- Submerge each tortilla into the salsa completely, then remove.
- Fill the tortilla with cheese and onion. Fold it or roll it and place it on a plate or serving dish. Repeat with all the tortillas.
- Sprinkle some of the remaining cheese on top and enjoy!
Make ahead pro tip: If you are expecting guests, you can make the dish beforehand. Then, place your enchiladas into an oven-safe casserole dish and store them in the fridge. Before your guests arrive, preheat the oven to 350°C and reheat the enchiladas for 15 to 20 minutes.