A pineapple margarita is an excellent and slightly sweeter variant of the classic lime margarita
- 1 oz. pineapple juice
- ½ oz. lime juice
- 1 ½ oz. blanco tequila
- ½ oz. orange liqueur
- For a spicy pineapple margarita, add ½ serrano pepper
- To make a regular Pineapple Margarita, pour all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake vigorously, then strain into a glass with ice and a salted rim.
- To make the spicy Pineapple Margarita, chop the ½ pepper into a few pieces and muddle it in the shaker before adding the other ingredients.
- To balance the spice from the Serrano pepper, a touch of agave nectar can be added as well.
- Shake ingredients with ice, and strain into a glass with ice and a salted rim. Enjoy!
Makes one cocktail.
Recipe by Ryley Zucca, beverage director, La Mezcaleria