Make these oats in Mason jars for a quick to-go breakfast or in a large batch to quickly, seamlessly serve to your family in the morning
“I’m relatively new to overnight oats, but after trying them once I was convinced that they are the fastest tasty and healthy breakfast for busy mornings. Oats help lower blood sugar and cholesterol, and they contain numerous vitamins and minerals. This recipe calls for both almond and coconut milk, but you can use one instead of both—just make sure to double the amount.” –Monika Hibbs, blogger & lifestyle influencer
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- ½ cup plain full-fat Greek yogurt
- ½ cup diced mango
- ½ cup diced pineapple
- ¾ cup unsweetened toasted large flake coconut
- In a plastic or glass container with an airtight seal, stir together the oats, almond milk, coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla, and salt using a wooden spoon. Make sure all of the oats are immersed in the liquid. Put the lid on the container and let sit in the refrigerator overnight.
- Divide the oats into small serving jars for an easy on-the-go breakfast or serve them in pretty glasses. Top with yogurt, mango, pineapple, and a sprinkling of toasted coconut, if desired. Without the toppings, the oats will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Excerpted from Gather at Home by Monika Hibbs. Copyright © 2020 by Monika Hibbs. Published by Penguin Books, an imprint of Penguin Random House LLC. Reproduced by arrangement with the Publisher. All rights reserved.