The Greek by Anatoli shares their recipe for this tasty Mediterranean appetizer
- 5 black tiger prawns, deveined
- 1 jar of your favourite store-bought tomato sauce
- 3 whole white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 oz of hard feta cheese, grated
- 2 oz olive oil
- 2 oz ouzo
- In a medium-sized frying pan, gently heat your olive oil. Add the prawns and mushrooms.
- Sautée until the prawns and mushrooms are cooked, then add the garlic for the last minute of cooking, making sure not to burn it.
- Then add your ouzo (be careful if you have a gas range because the alcohol will catch on fire). The flambé of the prawns will add smokiness.
- Add your tomato sauce and let simmer for 1 to 2 minutes. Next add the feta cheese and let it melt.
- Place the prawns and sauce in a bowl. Garnish with a little more shredded feta. Serve with grilled pita bread.
Visit The Greek by Anatoli at their brand new Gastown location and order Iani's Prawns to have this dish prepared by the experts!