Say cheers to Pride with these drinks from Gotham, Tacofino and Papi's Seafood and Oyster Bar
1. Pridecar from Gotham Steakhouse
This drink has a medium-sweet style with the coconut flavour providing volume and depth with tropical undertones.
- 1¼ oz Remy Martin VSOP cognac
- ½ oz Cointreau orange liqueur
- ½ oz Limoncello lemon
- ½ oz lemon juice
- ¼ oz coconut syrup
- Half sugared rim garnish
- Build all ingredients in shaker, hard shake to count of 10.
- Strain into chilled coupe with pre-sugared rim.
Available for Pride Week, Friday July 29th to Sunday August 4th
2. Te Amo from Tacofino
- 1½ oz Butterfly Pea and Lavender-infused Cazadores Blanco Tequila
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- ½ oz Aperol
- ¾ oz house-made blueberry syrup
- Soda water
- Fill a Collins glass with ice.
- Add the infused tequila, Aperol, lime juice, blueberry syrup, and top with soda.
- Garnish with a lemon wheel.
Butterfly Pea and Lavender-infused Cazadores Blanco Tequila
- 750 mL Cazadores Blanco Tequila
- ¼ cup Butterfly Pea Flower
- 2 tbsp lavender
- Combine tequila, butterfly pea flower and lavender.
- Let infuse for 24 hours before using.
This cocktail is available Friday, August 2 to Sunday August 4 at all Tacofino locations
3. One Proud Papi by Brandon Bourne, bar manager at Papi’s Seafood and Oyster Bar
- 2 oz pineapple juice
- 1 oz Tito's Handmade Vodka
- 1 oz blue curaçao
- 1 oz coconut milk
- Coconut shavings for garnish
- Rim a rock glass with an orange wedge. Rub it along the glass at a slow, steady pace to make it even. Remove any pulp or seeds.
- Lay out Pride-coloured coconut shavings. Slowly run a quarter of the glass rim in each colour—pink, yellow, blue, green—as pictured.
- Add ice, 2 oz of pineapple juice, 1 oz Tito’s, 1 oz blue curaçao, 1 oz coconut milk into a cocktail shaker and shake until mixed.
- Add ice to the rainbow-rimmed glass. Strain the cocktail into the chilled glass.
- Sit back and enjoy your One Proud Papi cocktail.
This cocktail will be available at Papi’s from Wednesday, July 31st to Sunday, August 4th. $2 from every cocktail sold will be donated to Vancouver Pride Society.