This hearty salad from local vegan eatery Virtuous Pie makes a great winter lunch or side dish
Quinoa Greek Salad
- 1¼ cup red and white quinoa, cooked
- 4 cups red onion, diced into ¼" pieces
- 4 cups cucumber, cut into half moons
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups roasted red peppers
- 2 cups Kalamata olives
- 6 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup oregano vinaigrette (recipe below)
- ¾ cup vegan feta (recipe below)
- Cook the quinoa according to directions on the package. Allow to cool.
- Mix all ingredients, up to and including the parsley, in a bowl.
- Toss with oregano vinaigrette.
- Garnish salad with feta.
Makes 4 servings.
- 4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp parsley, large stems removed
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh oregano leaves, stems removed
- Pinch kosher salt
Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Makes 1 cup.
- 3 oz refined coconut oil
- 1 block (12 oz) firm tofu, drained
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp onion powder
- Lay out the block of tofu between three sheets of paper towel and apply pressure to remove as much water as possible.
- Combine squeezed tofu with all of the other ingredients in a food processor and purée until extremely smooth.
- Pour tofu mixture onto a bowl or plastic container wrapped with plastic wrap and use a spatula to smooth out the top. The finished product should be about 1-inch thick.
- Refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving.