Serve up a healthy and flavourful salad you can enjoy all autumn long
- ½ medium butternut squash
- 1½ cups (375 ml) Brussels sprouts
- 1½ cups (375 ml) beets
- 1 cup (250 ml) cooked quinoa
- 1¼ (310 ml) cups kale
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toasted sunflower seeds (optional)
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) olive oil
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 200º C/400º F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel and chop the butternut squash and beets into half-inch pieces. Trim the Brussels sprouts and also chop into half-inch pieces.
- Arrange in an even layer on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown. Let cool.
- Make dressing: whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and Dijon mustard.
- Wash, de-stem and roughly chop the kale.
- Drizzle with dressing, add the roasted vegetables and quinoa and toss well.
- Serve immediately.
Optional: Top with toasted sunflower seeds.