This warm and comforting soup is the perfect meal for a rainy day
- 6 cups butternut squash, roasted*
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- ⅓ cup butter
- 4 oz grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 8 cups vegetable stock
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium-low heat. Add diced onions and cook until soft and translucent. Add roasted squash and stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Blend until smooth, adding Parmesan cheese gradually.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds.
*Start with 2 large squash (about 3 lbs each). Cut in half lengthwise, remove seeds and place upside down on a baking tray. Roast in a 350F oven until squash is completely cooked, about 45-60 minutes. Cool and scoop out the flesh.
Courtesy of Culinary Capers Catering