Packed with healthy veggies, try out this tasty guilt-free dish for weekend brunch
- 1 medium eggplant, cubed
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup pitted olives, halved
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp hot pepper flakes
- ⅓ tsp pepper
- 8 eggs
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup water
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine eggplant, tomatoes, olives, onion, garlic, oil, vinegar, oregano, hot pepper flakes and pepper in large bowl; toss gently to combine. Spoon mixture onto large baking sheet; spread evenly.
- Roast in preheated 425˚F oven, stirring halfway through cooking time, until vegetables are tender and lightly browned, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven. Leave oven on.
- Whisk eggs, parsley and water. Lightly spray a 10- to 12-inch non-stick ovenproof skillet with cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium. Pour egg mixture into skillet. As eggs set around edge of skillet, with spatula, gently lift cooked portions to allow uncooked egg to flow underneath. Cook until bottom is set and surface is still somewhat liquid, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat; spoon eggplant and tomato mixture over top of frittata. Return to oven and bake until egg mixture is set, about 10 minutes.
Courtesy of Dietitians of Canada