Black bean brownies are a great way to satisfy your chocolate craving
For a quick and delicious treat, black bean brownies are an adventurous option
For chocolate lovers, there's nothing more satisfying than a luscious brownie. For a fun twist, try these black bean brownies.
- 2 ½ c. 625 mL canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp. 45 mL vegetable oil
- 75 mL cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. 2.5 mL salt
- 1 tsp. 5 mL vanilla extract
- ¾ c. 175 mL sugar
- 1 tsp. 5 mL instant coffee
- ½ c. 125 mL semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place the black beans, eggs, oil, cocoa, salt, vanilla, sugar and instant coffee in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture into a lightly greased 8 x 8-inch (20 x 20-centimetre) pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool and serve.
Originally published in Wellness Matters, Canada Wide Media’s quarterly newsletter on health and wellness.