Ocean Wise B.C. Humpback Shrimp Tacos
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1 lb B.C. humpback shrimp, shells removed
- ½ to 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper
- To make taco seasoning, mix all dry ingredients together. This can be prepared ahead of time and stored in a tightly sealed container for future use.
- Pour grapeseed oil into skillet over medium-high heat. When skillet is hot, add shrimp. Cook and stir occasionally for a few minutes until shrimp is cooked through.
- Turn off stove and stir in 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning until shrimp is thoroughly coated. Serve with warm tortillas and avocado cilantro sauce (recipe below).
Avocado Cilantro sauce
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup cilantro
- ½ jalapeño pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic
- Juice of 1 lime
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor, season with salt and pepper.
- Blend until smooth.
- This sauce can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator.
Gluten-Free Mini Fish Bites
- Grapeseed oil for fryer
- 8 oz rockfish snapper fillet, cut into 1” cubes
- 1/2 cup Nextjen Gluten Free Artisan Fish and Chips batter mix
- 3/4 cup water
- Whisk water and batter mix together and let rest 5 minutes.
- Batter and carefully fry fish in a 350°F fryer until crispy and golden brown.
- Serve with avocado cilantro sauce on their own or in a tortilla.
Simple Taco Tortilla Ingredients
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups warm water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Whisk dry ingredients together in a bowl. Incorporate shortening into dry mixture with your fingertips until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add warm water to bowl and work mixture with your hands until it’s completely combined.
- Place dough mixture onto a lightly floured surface, knead for about a minute until smooth.
- Divide dough into equal pieces and roll into balls. Cover dough balls with a damp dish towel and let rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place dough ball on lightly floured surface and flatten slightly with your palm into a disc. Use a rolling pin and roll out each disc into thin 8” rounds.
- Preheat your skillet on medium heat. Place tortillas into the skillet one at a time. Cook until bubbly on the top with dark spots on the bottom, then flip and cook until both sides are spotted. Serve warm and enjoy!