Thick, rich and heady, this is hot chocolate as it's meant to be enjoyed
Rich, thick and delicious with a kick, this spicy gourmet hot chocolate is just what the winter blues ordered
Inspired by the South American and European traditions of drinking chocolate, this spicy gourmet hot chocolate is a heady mix of real chocolate, cocoa powder, brown sugar, milk and spice. No whipped cream, no marshmallows, no mix. Just hot chocolate as it is meant to be made and enjoyed.
And for vegans, it is just as delicious with vegan dark chocolate and non-dairy milk. Vanilla almond milk or lactose-free milk are excellent substitutes.
Enjoy and fall in love with a perfect treat for your winter blues.
- 1 oz (30 g) 69% or 70% dark chocolate (3 squares of a standard 100 g bar)
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) milk (dairy, lactose-free, soy or almond milk)
- Pinch of cayenne pepper, nutmeg, cinnamon, and/or ground cloves
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat the milk, chocolate (break into small pieces), cocoa and brown sugar.
- Once the chocolate starts to melt, gently whisk to combine ingredients.
- Bring the mixture to boil.
- Add desired spices and whisk again until combined.
- Pour and enjoy.
Makes 1 mug.