Impress your Valentine with these passionate mini cheesecakes – perfect for two
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 T butter, melted
- 1 T gelatin powder
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 8 oz (1 cup) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- dash of salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 T lemon juice
- 1 cup cream, whipped
- Blueberry puree (from frozen B.C. blueberries or fresh when in season), divided into two portions: 20g and 60g
- Combine crust ingredients. Press into 3”x3” ring lined with parchment, ¼ full. Set in refrigerator.
- Combine water and gelatin powder, set aside.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar and salt.
- Add milk gradually. Then juice.
- Melt gelatin mix, and add.
- Chill till slightly thickened.
- Gently fold with whipped cream.
- Divide into 3 equal parts.
- Leave the first portion natural.
- Fold 20g of puree in the second portion till combined and repeat the same for the third portion of mix with the remaining 60g of puree.
- Pour natural mix 1/4 of the ring mold over crust and freeze to set for 15 minutes. Repeat the same process with the next two portions of the mix creating a gradient and set the cakes in the freezer overnight.
- Once frozen remove the ring, peal off the parchment and place in the refrigerator to thaw.
- Garnish with mint if desired.
Makes four to five 3" cakes.