An oreo cookie stuffed into another cookie? Yum!
These cookie-stuffed cookies are the ultimate in decadence, and are sure to impress anyone with a sweet tooth
I first tasted one of these cookies a few months ago, and I have been dreaming about them roughly every night since. As it turns out, these scrumptiously soft cookies are incredibly easy (and fun!) to make.
- 3 ½ cups of flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 300g bag of chocolate chips
- 1 package of Oreo cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°C.
- Mix together the butter and sugars in a bowl. Then, add in eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet, mixing with beaters. (Note: my dough came out a little dry, so I added just a dash of milk.)
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon a dollop of dough onto each side of the Oreo cookie. Using hands, seal the dough around the Oreo so that it is completely covered.
- Place cookies on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes, or until cookies are golden brown.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes.
Makes 18 enormous cookies
Warning: seriously, these cookies are massive. You will probably want to cut them in halves or quarters before serving.
Jen Keiller is a journalism student at Carleton University. She was born and raised in Calgary, Alta., but is spending her summer in gorgeous Vancouver.