This zesty orange and sweet cherry chilled martini will wet your whistle
Looking for a festive cocktail? This cherry-soaked martini will have your cheeks looking rosy in no time
It’s holiday cocktail time — so what to serve? Recently I was a guest at an amazing birthday celebration, where two talented ladies organized not only a birthday party but also a cocktail challenge. Here is the recipe I created — and yes, it was the winning cocktail!
- 2 oz. vodka
- ½ oz. Grand Marnier or other orange-flavoured liquor
- 2 oz. sparkling wine (Prosecco is a good choice)
- 6 Griotinnes cherries*
- 2 Tbsp. syrup from the Griotinnes cherries
- Handful of ice
*Griotinnes is a French brand of cherries soaked in Kirsch. They’re sold in jars in better gourmet food stores.
- Combine the vodka, Grand Marnier (or other orange liquor), sparkling wine and syrup from the cherries in a martini shaker.
- Add a handful of ice and shake like you own the place.
- Strain the mixture into 2 chilled martini glasses.
- Garnish each cocktail with 3 cherries and enjoy — we sure did!
- Makes 2 cocktails.
Listen to Caren McSherry Thursdays between 11 a.m. and 11:40 a.m. on CKNW 98.