Celebrate summer with a delicious Raspberry Ganache Tart
This decadent rasberry ganache tart will have your sweet toothe aching
Raspberry season is here and the rasberry ganache tart is the perfect way to celebrate.
When making a ganache, it is important to use the best-quality chocolate you can find. Try Cacao Barry single-origin selections because they’re sourced from the best plantations worldwide and their incredible nuances of compounded flavours come through brilliantly.
Rasberry Ganache Tart Ingredients:
- 9 ounces plain shortbread cookies
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup 35% M.F. whipping cream (unwhipped)
- 1 pound Cacao Barry 70% (such as Tanzanie, Cuba or Saint Dominique) or your favourite high-quality chocolate, chopped
- 3 cups fresh raspberries, divided
- 1 cup feuilletine wafers or crushed amaretti biscuits
- ½ cup caramel sauce
- 1 tsp. fleur de sel
- ½ tsp. gold flake (optional garnish)
Rasberry Ganache Tart Instructions:
- Place the shortbread cookies in the bowl of a food processor and grind until fine. Add the butter and pulse a few times until evenly moistened.
- Press mixture into a 10- or 11-inch tart pan with a removable bottom.
- Bake the crumb shell in a preheated 350°F oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- While the shell is baking, heat the cream in a stainless-steel saucepan until it just begins to bubble. Turn off the heat and stir in the chocolate. Whisk until mixture is smooth, then set aside to cool slightly.
- Place 1 cup raspberries in a bowl and lightly mash to just break them slightly. Add the broken berries to the chocolate and stir.
- Spread 1 cup raspberries over the bottom of the tart. Pour half the chocolate mixture over the whole berries, then sprinkle the wafers or crushed biscuits over top. Pour the remaining half of the chocolate mixture over top.
- Chill for 3 to 4 hours to set. To serve, drizzle with the caramel sauce, followed by a sprinkle of fleur de sel. Top with the last cup of whole raspberries to finish. Sprinkle with gold flake, if using.