An easy meal with gourmet flair
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 heaping cup fresh chanterelles, sliced
- 1 heaping cup fresh shiitake mushrooms, julienned
- Splash of marsala, sherry or any sweet wine
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Gorgonzola cheese
- Cooked pasta for 4
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan.
- Add the shallot and garlic and sauté until just soft.
- Add both the mushrooms and continue to cook until they are just soft.
- Pour in the marsala or sherry along with the balsamic vinegar. Simmer until the mushrooms are completely soft. Add the cream and Gorgonzola; stir until the cheese is melted.
- Season with sea salt and fresh pepper. Pour over the cooked pasta and serve hot.
Recipe courtesy Caren McSherry from the Gourmet Warehouse