Savoury truffle salt and Parmesan cheese bring popcorn to a new level
Give classic popcorn a makeover with a sprinkling of flavourful truffle salt and Parmesan cheese
This is a perfect recipe for Oscar night — to celebrate you and the winners! It’s such a treat, and if you like popcorn, it will be a love affair, taking popcorn to a totally different level.
This snack goes well with both cocktails and wine, and warning: it can come become addictive! I like to use a Whirly Pop, my favourite popper, as it requires minimal oil and all the kernels pop.
- 1 Tbsp. grapeseed oil
- 1 cup Fireworks Popcorn kernels
- 2 tsp. truffle salt
- ⅔ cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 cup finely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in Whirly Pop popcorn machine or in a large pot with a lid, over stove.
- Add popcorn kernels and stir or shake until all kernels are popped.
- Transfer popcorn to a large rectangular roasting pan. Evenly sprinkle over truffle salt, followed by melted butter, and finally grated Parmesan cheese. Use your hands to lift popcorn and distribute flavours evenly.
- Transfer popcorn to popcorn boxes for your guests and wait for the accolades.
Makes 18 cups.
Listen to Caren McSherry Thursdays between 11 a.m. and 11:40 a.m. on CKNW 98.