Thailand's one-of-a-kind natural beauty is one of the many reasons it is such a popular destination
This popular Southeast Asian holiday destination is ideal whether you’re after adventure or relaxation
Thailand attracts more visitors than any other country in Southeast Asia and it’s no wonder, given its irresistible natural beauty, fascinating temples, delicious cuisine and friendly people. People go to Thailand for many reasons — for incredible shopping bargains, to experience local customs or simply to relax on its beautiful beaches.
Whether it’s adventure or relaxation you seek, Thailand is an excellent vacation destination. The best time to visit most areas of the country is between November and February when it tends to rain less and doesn’t get too hot.
You’ll want to spend two weeks or longer to make it worth your while, and it’s a great idea to see more than one city, so flying into one place and leaving from another is a smart way to plan your stay.
Where to Go in Thailand
- Bangkok: This is a fast-paced city and no visit would be complete without a ride on a tuk-tuk, the Thai version of a rickshaw. It’s a fun way to get around, but negotiate a flat fee before you get in.
- Pattaya: This cheap and cheerful beach destination offers a great nightlife.
- Phuket: Thailand’s largest and most popular beach destination is perfect for lounging by the water and soaking up the tropical beauty.
- Ko Samui: Here’s another amazing beach destination and cosmopolitan melting pot.
What to Do in Thailand
- Outdoor spa: Get a massage on the beach — it’s heaven for under $20 for a full hour.
- Custom tailoring: This is a great tip that you may not have thought of, but guys, get a custom suit or tuxedo made while in Thailand — you can do it for less than 100 bucks. Same goes for the ladies. Bring an item of clothing you love and you can have it recreated for next to nothing.
- Dining: One thing you’ll definitely enjoy here is the delicious and inexpensive food. It feels as if each dish is tastier than the last, but watch out for spiciness if you’re not a fan.
If you’re planning a trip to Thailand, I highly recommend booking a package vacation that includes air, accommodation and transfers. It will likely be a better value than booking separately.
So there you have it, vacationing in Thailand in a nutshell!