Crunchy Kickoff Mozzarella Sticks: Game-Day Goodness
Vegan Maple Sesame Game Day Cauliflower “Wings”
You’ve Gotta Try this in February 2024
Choosing Connection: A BC Family Day Pledge to Prioritize Presence Over Plans
Embracing Plant-Based Living this Veganuary and Beyond
Heal Your Gut, Naturally
Inviting the Steller’s Jay to Your Garden
6 Budget-friendly Holiday Decor Pieces
Dream Home: $8 Million for a Modern Surprise
Local Getaway: Recharge at a Vancouver Island Oceanside Retreat
The People’s Open Just One Reason to Visit Some Classic Scottsdale Golf Courses
Scottsdale In the Fast Lane
10 Places to See Holiday Lights in Metro Vancouver
Vancouver Adventures: Our Picks for December
What to Watch This Week: December 3 to 8
Are you getting the most from your expertly cultivated and perfectly aged wine collection?
The Ultimate Holiday Gift Guide for Him
The Ultimate Holiday Gift Guide for Her
From functional to all-glammed-up, these beautiful yoga bags will please even your third eye
Yoga bags have become much more than a practical way to transport your trusty mat. With so many styles to choose from, they can be a reflection of your personal style and can also double up as a gym bag.
Whether you want a hemp yoga bag, a floral motif or one covered in sequins, there is one out there for everyone. Here are a few top picks worth checking out.
1. Yogoco features some beautiful eco-friendly yoga bags that can fit even the largest mats on the market (up to 26″ wide). With mesh sides, fully wipeable lining and self-repairing zippers, 70% of the bags come from T-shirt manufacturing process scraps. Shown here is the Floral Fantasy Pink with turquoise piping. There is also a separate section for your towel, yoga tank etc.
2. If you want something different, the Goma Berlin Handmade Upcycled Airbag Vegan Yoga Bag is made out of old airbags from cars used in car crash tests. The fabric, strong nylon, is water resistant and lightweight. Inside are two removable pockets (one pocket and a phone sleeve) that are attached with press buttons. These bags have a 0% waste philosophy. Available on Etsy.
3. For yogis needing something a bit more durable, Dusky Leaf offers a rugged natural canvas yoga bag. Every piece of fabric—even the lining—is 100% cotton. The sleek two-toned body and design has an adjustable shoulder strap for comfort and ease. Choose from black and grey or ivory and blue.
4. Mountain Equipment Co-Op features some nice yoga accessories. The Prana Steadfast Mat Bag keeps all the dust and lint off your bag when you’re out and about. It also features a mesh bottom, a drawcord closure and a front stash pocket. This bag is available in brown or black. While you’re at MEC, pick up some Halfmoon Lavender Mat Cleaner to keep your mat smelling fresh.
5. Looking for a sure bet? Lululemon’s Sand to Savansana Duffel is designed to hold everything needed for full day of fun. The extra wide zip opening is handy so that you don’t have to dig for your stuff, and the bag is equipped with plenty of pockets to keep organized. A back mesh pocket with removable laundry bag for bathing suits and wet yoga gear is a nice touch.
6. Another stylish yet affordable option is the Gaiam Yoga Mat Bag. It’s roomy enough for yoga, Pilates or your fitness mat, and comes in 100% cotton with a zipper pocket on the front.
7. This beautiful Orchid Tote from Wai Lana evokes the sense of harmony and balance you should be feeling after your practice. It’s made of sturdy cotton/canvas with a waterproof nylon interior.
8. If you need a light breathable yoga bag, try Lululemon’s Namaste Yoga Tote Mesh. This bag has two exterior pockets to store all your necessities. The mesh panels provide the ultimate ventilation for sweaty yoga mats. The strap is also removable and can double as a stretching strap. Available in aqua, white, black or orange.
9. For the fashionista it’s got to be the oGorgeous Beverly Bowtie Yoga Bag! This yoga bag offers up a super glam carrying option with luscious pleats, a gorgeous bow and glistening hardware. The bow pleats extend into the side pockets for easy access to a key clip, iPhone slot and a large zippered pocket. This one is a keeper!
10. Another hard-to-resist oGorgeous bag, the Pleated Pocket Yoga Bag in Silver Sparkle, is unique. Chances of seeing another yogi stroll into class with this showstopper are slim to none. If you like to be a trendsetter and aren’t shy about sporting sequins, this could be for you. Featured in Shape Magazine, this lovely piece is not for the faint of heart.
11. If you like to bring a designer vibe to your yoga class, try the Ahimsa Sage Yoga Bag. It’s a chic yet classic handbag-inspired yoga accessory in sage green. Inside you’ll find silky satin lining in gold. Note: Ahimsa is the Sanskrit term for “non-violence” to other living creatures. Order it at yogobags.
12. The Manduka Matware is a water-resistant, recycled polyester fabric and durable yoga bag that works from the office to the studio or for travel. Comes in Camo, Sangria and Midnight colours. This bag offers a tailored sporty look. Order it at yogobags.
13. The Asana Yoga Bag by LeSportsac features an adjustable shoulder strap and is packed with edgy style. Its basic black is easy to match with just about any look.