Kick off patio season with this fresh and fruity sangria
- 2 cups (300 g) B.C. blueberries, fresh or frozen, divided
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup orange liqueur
- 1 bottle (750 ml) white wine
- ½ cup apples, sliced
- ½ cup strawberries, sliced
- ½ cup orange juice
- 3 tbsp. lime juice
- ½ cup club soda (optional)
- In a pitcher, combine 1 cup of the blueberries and honey and gently muddle until fruit is slightly crushed but not puréed.
- Add the orange liqueur, wine, remaining blueberries, apple, strawberries, orange and lime juice. Serve over ice.
- For a lighter drink, top with club soda.
Makes five cups