July 11th is National Mojito Day! Celebrate with this aromatic version that incorporates cardamom with traditional citrus and mint flavours
- 2 parts rum (Bacardí Superior recommended)
- 1 part cardamom syrup (¼ cup cardamom pods, 1 litre boiling water and equal volume of sugar)
- 6 mint leafs
- 1 part fresh lime juice
- Splash of soda
- In a highball glass, muddle mint leaves with the cardamom syrup and lime juice. Blend in rum.
- Fill glass with crushed ice and top with soda.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves.