Hearty and festive, this Italian breakfast casserole is perfect for brunch on chilly winter mornings
Looking for something delicious to cook for Christmas morning? This breakfast casserole is super easy to make and you can assemble much of it the night before. Come morning, you just pop it in the oven to finish off the eggs. Then you can kick back, relax, and truly get into the holiday spirit.
See video below for how-to instructions...
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 6 sausages, precooked
- 1 cup focaccia bread, cubed
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup arugula
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In an ovenproof casserole dish, add the tomato sauce, followed by the cooked sausages. Arrange the focaccia bread cubes in an even layer on top of the tomatoes and sausages.
- Crack each egg to create a circular pattern leaving about an inch between each egg.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until the eggs are cooked through.
- Once the casserole is done, grate the Parmesan cheese and garnish with the fresh arugula.
Makes 4 servings