George Siu, co-owner of BBQ mecca Memphis Blues, reveals his secret (well, not anymore) dry rub
"This is the master rub that we use at the restaurant. You’ll see it in the beans, pork, catfish breading, shrimp and on our french fries. Try it on homemade snacks, like spiced nuts or popcorn, or in salad dressings."
Makes 4 cups:
- 1 cup (250 mL) dried parsley
- 1 cup (250 mL) sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) seasoned salt
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) garlic powder
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) onion powder
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) dried oregano
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) sweet paprika
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) mustard powder
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) celery salt
Now that you've got the recipe, take a look at George's barbecuing tips.