Crunchy Kickoff Mozzarella Sticks: Game-Day Goodness
Vegan Maple Sesame Game Day Cauliflower “Wings”
You’ve Gotta Try this in February 2024
Choosing Connection: A BC Family Day Pledge to Prioritize Presence Over Plans
Embracing Plant-Based Living this Veganuary and Beyond
Heal Your Gut, Naturally
Inviting the Steller’s Jay to Your Garden
6 Budget-friendly Holiday Decor Pieces
Dream Home: $8 Million for a Modern Surprise
Local Getaway: Recharge at a Vancouver Island Oceanside Retreat
Protected: The 2024 Spring Road Trip Destination You Won’t Want To Miss
The People’s Open Just One Reason to Visit Some Classic Scottsdale Golf Courses
10 Places to See Holiday Lights in Metro Vancouver
Vancouver Adventures: Our Picks for December
What to Watch This Week: December 3 to 8
Are you getting the most from your expertly cultivated and perfectly aged wine collection?
The Ultimate Holiday Gift Guide for Him
The Ultimate Holiday Gift Guide for Her
Try out this year's Chocolate Challenge winner's recipe for decadent mousse with shortbread crust
Top off your dessert with as much or as little marmalade as you like
Congratulations to Vancouver’s Lauren Arsenault, whose recipe for Chocolate Rooibos Mousse with Orange Marmalade & Cookie Crumb earned her first place in the recent Gourmet Warehouse 2012 Chocolate Challenge.
Chocolate Shortbread (for Crumb)
Rooibos Simple Syrup
1. Mousse: Infuse cream over low heat with tea and honey (about 10 minutes). Cool until warm. Melt chocolate in top of double boiler. Let cool until warm. Gently combine cream and chocolate and let cool to room temperature. Gently fold whipped cream in thirds into the ganache.
2. Chocolate Génoise: Warm eggs and sugar in top of a double boiler. Whip until ribbon stage. Sift cake flour and cocoa together. Fold dry ingredients into wet in stages until fully incorporated. Fold in melted butter.
3. Chocolate Shortbread (Crumb): Cream together sugar, butter and salt. Sift cocoa and flour together and combine with the butter mixture. Roll out and bake at 350°F for about 12 minutes. Break into crumbs.
4. Rooibos Simple Syrup: Combine ingredients in a pot and simmer until sugar is dissolved and tea is fully infused (about 10 minutes). Leave tea bags in syrup until ready to use.
5. Orange Marmalade: Combine ingredients in a pot and boil for about 20 minutes or until pith is not bitter. Purée half the marmalade; reserve the rest.
Originally published in TVW. For daily programming updates and on-screen Entertainment news, subscribe to the free TVW e-newsletters, or purchase a subscription to the weekly magazine.